Q: Can my GP prescribe medication for AD/HD?

A: No. To get a prescription for AD/HD you will need a referral to a psychiatrist or neurologist treating ADHD. GPs can be given prescribing rights for repeat prescriptions for limited time periods once a paediatrician or psychiatrist has initially diagnosed the condition.

Leave a Comment